Sunday, July 16, 2006
  10 days later...
Sorry, it's been a while since the last update. Summer slipped down the drain without me noticing, and I've been rushing through articles trying to catch up on all the writing I have to do. Being broke in Murray has been an adventure, but I'll be glad when all the work I need to get done will be done, and I'll actually be able to have money to spend on something other than food.
VBS is starting up back in Nashville. I'm more frustrated about missing it than I expected. I've been backing out the last couple of years because I know grad school's coming up, along with all the other real-world stuff that keeps me tied down. But even last year I was able to make it work. Being over 2 hours away and over 20 hours of writing-time behind stinks.
In an effort to prevent this from becoming a rant-board, though, I do have some great things going on. My truck's finally getting fixed next week (goodbye money), and my graduate school search is pretty much over. Colorado State looks great to me, and Texas Tech is a good alternative. The only scary things are that it's part of the journalism/comm department (instead of English, like at MSU), and it requires a background in quantitative analysis. I guess that means my spring semester will be exciting. Maybe I'll do better than I did in math140.
Now I just have to pick a third option and I'll be in business.
I'm on Spiderman #50 in my evening reading. That sidebar's out of date, I finished those books already. My quest through the first 500 issues of Amazing Spiderman (well, 400-something then the renumbered volumes) will probably take the rest of the summer. And Future Tactics, a strange little turn-based strategy game for the gamecube has been rather amusing as well. All work and no play, right? I'm still budgeting in plenty of play.
And my job still seems like play. I really enjoy the graphic design I'm doing at work. I always knew working with images on the computer was something I was enjoyed, but having a project to put together by a deadline is just a wierd, geeky type of excitement I would have never imagined I'd get into. I'm working through the fall and spring, probably at the expense of my campus involvement and maybe my sanity, but it's totally worth it. I've already met a technical writer with an actual job and filled my resume with samples from work. Once I get more writing under my belt, I might even be able to do something with it. I'm so set on grad school right now, but I really hope whatever I do for a career I can do more than just edit people's notes and manuals.
I think being behind a keyboard might be dangerous for me today. I'm a little sleepy and tend to ramble. I'll talk to you more when I'm more coherant. That's a little glimpse into life here and now, anyway.
 
Welcome to the vacuum in which my various thoughts emerge, fight, and ultimately sink once more into obscurity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville/Murray, TN/KY, United States

I'm terrible at describing myself.

 
ARCHIVES
January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / February 2007 / March 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / October 2007 /


43 Things I want to do with my life.





Support your local college student:



Powered by Blogger


www.flickr.com
pyrotech2's photos More of pyrotech2's photos