Thursday, May 04, 2006
  Rainy Day
Today was the Senior Breakfast. It's a MSU tradition that's been going on for something like 60 years. The faculty and staff, including a lot of the big names on campus, get up and don their aprons to serve all the seniors breakfast. The rest of them show up 5 minutes after it starts to eat.
I don't remember if I wrote about it or not last year, but this was my first real initiation into the RCA President Office. I didn't do anything but sit at the little SGA table and feel awkward, but I remember the outgoing SGA president getting choked up behind the mike. It was, for me, the big reminder that (1) I was stepping up to one of the few really representative positions in Student Government and (2) my time here at MSU was ticking down.
Looking back, I feel like I've aged 5 years in the last 2 semesters. There's so much I still had left to do, so much that I'm hoping Alan, the new RCA president, will get a chance to do. I feel like we've changed, and grown, but that every step taken put 3 more further up the road.
And today, as I was handing out awards to the outgoing seniors, many of which came in when I did, I realized that I'm not just seeing the horizon on my college career, I'm standing on it. I have a certificate sitting in the corner, along with the others I have nowhere to put yet. I handed the gavel over on monday, and I have closed my last meeting. My time as RCA President has come and gone.
And, like I said, I didn't do enough.
I don't know if Alan reads this blog. If he does, he might be too sidetracked by my mispelling of his name (I never can remember if it's one "l" or 2). But if you are out there reading this, don't think for a second that you've got enough time. You don't. Everything is the same mad rush that you're going through now. If you take a breath, you're in the dust, and you'll spend too long trying to catch up to ever get back to where you could be.
So I'm on the Judicial Board now. It's another branch of SGA, and I hadn't tried it yet. I know a couple of the guys on there, and may know more once the remaining chairs are filled in the fall. It's a new thing, another change of pace. You know me, I couldn't extract myself from this stuff if I tried. So, I may not be Exec, but I'm still around. And I may not be changing the face of MSU, but at least I'm still part of it.
 
Welcome to the vacuum in which my various thoughts emerge, fight, and ultimately sink once more into obscurity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville/Murray, TN/KY, United States

I'm terrible at describing myself.

 
ARCHIVES
January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / February 2007 / March 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / October 2007 /


43 Things I want to do with my life.





Support your local college student:



Powered by Blogger


www.flickr.com
pyrotech2's photos More of pyrotech2's photos