Tuesday, April 18, 2006
  n00b

I know when I get busy, things are going to get ugly. So, when my old HP went sliding across the back of my truckbed and into the tailgate with a definite "crunch", I figured it was the start of something bad. The cute, bubbly casing that was trendy for your desktop-computing solution (itty bitty case that runs 100 degrees hotter than it should but takes up less room!) was now sliding around between my backpack and bags of laundry which I had foolishly thought would hold it in place.
Ok, it's just casing, right? No big.
I get back to murray, set it up, happy as can be, working just fine. I back little dell's hard drive up onto it's slave drive, just because I'm paranoid and don't want anything to happen to my stuff. Then I install Morrowind because I've become recently addicted to it and the HP has a better video card (sad, but true). I play it for a little while, and the game gets wierd. It keeps crashing at a certain point. So, silly me, rather than saying "ok, I guess I'll start on my homework while I wait," I decide to fix it. Must Fix Game.
2 hours later, it still sucks. Fine. I'll just play it on Dell. Now, I need to work.
I open up the big Excel document I have to make cute and snazzy looking for a Professional Writing project. It crashes. I mutter and restart. Process repeats itself for a half hour. Fed up, I go to bed and set an alarm for 2 hours before class. Maybe things will look better in the morning.
Nother ever, EVER, looks better at 6AM.
I booted up Liz's computer out of morbid curiousity. It makes a machine gun sound that is like a metal wheel being drug across the pavement at 3200RPM. Wait, that's exactly what a HD does.

NO PRIMARY DRIVE DETECTED
In other words, it's gone. That sound was the final scream of death.
Then it dawns on me. I have little Dell backed up on that secondary drive. I have Lauren's laptop on that secondary drive. I never thought to back the HP up on that secondary drive.
Stoopid n00b.
Meanwhile, little dell definitely has a virus. Not that I can get the latest def's downloaded to fix it, but it's running like it's there. Yeah, those projects? The teachers are getting emails. We'll see what I can have done by this afternoon.
 
Welcome to the vacuum in which my various thoughts emerge, fight, and ultimately sink once more into obscurity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville/Murray, TN/KY, United States

I'm terrible at describing myself.

 
ARCHIVES
January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / February 2007 / March 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / October 2007 /


43 Things I want to do with my life.





Support your local college student:



Powered by Blogger


www.flickr.com
pyrotech2's photos More of pyrotech2's photos