Monday, August 08, 2005
  5 Things (today's FWD)
Ten years ago: Ten Years Ago I was five months shy of twelve years old. I'd just started going to James Avenue regularly, I was watching Star Trek religiously, and my parents were still living together.

Five years ago: I was 16. I was getting over being Stupid. Caps. Bold. STUPID. I'd been dumped by Grace, sworn off women, then met Tiffany. Tiffany was great, and the more I talked to her the more I realized it. We'd just managed a couple of dates by this point in the year, and were finally really starting to consider ourselves "going out." I was going back to NCS because I realized I liked it better than East.

One year ago: Gearing up for my trip to Germany. A little less smart, a little less ready for reality to sneak up and bite me in the butt. Really starting to realize how much Tiff rocks.

Yesterday: Went to church. Slim pickings this week. Cochrans and preacher both on vacation. Others just out and about. 67 at Worship. Michael, the old youth minister, shared a pretty good sermon. Then we went up to grandmoms, ate a lot, napped for a couple of hours, watched TV and talked. More church, less people. Evening service might have had 50. Michael preached again, much shorter this time. Brought kids from his new church. Afterwards had dinner at Cracker Barrel, saw 3 people who went to HS with me, talked a lot to Tiff, and slept.

Today: Going to see March of the Penguins with Tiff. Trying to look busy at my last Monday at work.

Tomorrow: More of the same. Fencing instead of Penguins. Will remember my "essential gear" this week.

5 snacks I enjoy: Snickers, Kit-Kat bars, dried bananas, Starburst, PEZ.

5 bands that I know the lyrics of most of their songs: Five Iron Frenzy, Audio A, DC Talk, Green Day, Pink Floyd

5 things I would do with $100,000,000: Wow. That's tough.
1) donate to Missions, lots of missions, state side and abroad.
2) donate to church in general
3) New house for Mom
4) pay off all my debt (I don't want to think about how big a chunk that would be)
5) Hopper Library at MSU :)

5 locations I’d like to runaway to: Greece, Italy, Bavarian Alps, New Zealand, Ireland

5 bad habits I have: I drink way too much caffeine, I get bored with and quit doing important things, I overextend myself, I lose things, and let my mind wander and forget where I put it.

5 things I like doing: Reading, watching movies, having extended conversations, hearing live music, and watching people.

5 things I would never wear: cowboy hats, super-tight Levi's, Belt buckles, cowboy boots, or a moustache (can you tell I'm a Nashville native?).

5 TV shows I like: Frasier, most of Adult Swim (lumping that together, sorry), X-Play (that show formerly known as Extended Play), Simpsons, Star Trek TNG

5 movies I like: Monty Python & the Holy Grail, Dead Poets Society (once every couple of years), Star Trek (evens rule), Princess Mononoke, Airplane

5 famous people I’d like to meet: JK Rowling, Tom Cruise (unique kind of crazy, might be fun to see what buttons I can press), Ray Bradbury, Anne Rice, Terry Pratchett. Wow, all writers except the famous guy I want to annoy. I'm a dork.

5 biggest joys at the moment: Tiffany, Artemis, writing, reading, family

5 favorite toys: My computers, my gamecube, my dog, my book collection, and my jacobs ladder.
 
Welcome to the vacuum in which my various thoughts emerge, fight, and ultimately sink once more into obscurity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville/Murray, TN/KY, United States

I'm terrible at describing myself.

 
ARCHIVES
January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / February 2007 / March 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / October 2007 /


43 Things I want to do with my life.





Support your local college student:



Powered by Blogger


www.flickr.com
pyrotech2's photos More of pyrotech2's photos