Saturday, July 16, 2005
  Summer O 4
Allow a little self indulgence today. I have some relevant, literary posts to post later. Right now I'm catching up with my personal account.
The fourth Murray Summer Orientation is actually proving to be a relaxing moment in my otherwise hectic week. Sure, I had to stand in front of pushy parents wanting to know why their kid should be in SGA, but at least I had the answers. At work and VBS I feel like I don't even get the questions right.
The SGA office is home, no doubt about it. I'm kicked back in my corner, nice flat-screen monitor tilted so the sun from the gigantic windows doesn't glare off it too much. Jeannie's watching golf, apparently an important tourney's in Scotland today. I have violet-eyed Johhny Depp inviting me to come see Charlie and the chocolate factory from the nearby pile of magazine's. I read the article, it sounds better than the commercials made it look.
Vacation Bible School is chaotic, disorganized, and an all around headache that I don't think any of us would trade for the world. And while I'm not as starry-eyed about it as I may have been 8 years ago (oh how it hurt to discover that number!), I'm still finding more smiles than I've had in my all-too-grown-up job.
After all, I'm a clown.
Napoleon (so named specifically for me, I sometimes suspect) is a delight to play. I'm mute and expressive. Panomime's always been fun. In a noisy world sometimes it takes silence to get people's attention.
But Thursday night I have to panomime the death of Christ in a clown suit. If I don't get struck dead by lightning for that, then I'll call it a successful VBS!
 
Welcome to the vacuum in which my various thoughts emerge, fight, and ultimately sink once more into obscurity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville/Murray, TN/KY, United States

I'm terrible at describing myself.

 
ARCHIVES
January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / February 2007 / March 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / October 2007 /


43 Things I want to do with my life.





Support your local college student:



Powered by Blogger


www.flickr.com
pyrotech2's photos More of pyrotech2's photos