Monday, June 20, 2005
  nashville is talking ... to me?!
I've been telling people all over the world that I'm a proud Nashvillian for a while now, and at the moment I can't help but feel a little more puffed up about my hometown. WKRN added my blog to their new site NashvilleisTalking.com. As flattered as I am, I can't help but feel a little out of place. Should I talk more about the disturbing opinions of those around me? How one today said that the democrats will be the downfall of the nation, or how Frist refused to sign this, that, or the other?
No, that's not me.
Sorry for anyone that got their hopes up.
I'm just Joe Student, sweating over my internship and flying X-Wings on my video game system by night.
And, if all that hasn't driven away some new reader, I also preach from time to time.
Like next Sunday.
Yikes.
Seriously, our morning with the Psalms will be uplifting. I am excited about it, and only a little jittery. It's been 3 years since I last stood behind a pulpit, I guess it's time I tried it again. My text is hardly original, even though I wrote most of it myself. After constructing my outline I dug through the internet to find out what the experts had said, and a lot of them had said a lot of the same. I guess that's a good sign, it means I'm on the right track, but it's still a bit of a shock sometimes. Nothing new under the sun, though, right?

You're still here? Thanks. I'm afraid I'm not going to be any more tonight, though. My morning starts in 6 hours. I must sleep.
Whoever dug me up and invited me to nashvilleistalking, thanks again. It's nice to know you're listening, even if I'm not always sure what I'm saying. And it's great reading all these other blogs from the city. This place is so alive!
 
Comments:
Congrats! I just saw the link and thought I recognized it...Apparently my sister's blog got added, too...Hmm, maybe I should move off xanga ;-). Anyway, thought I'd say hooray! Haven't found my sister's link yet, but I'll keep looking...Have a great day!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Welcome to the vacuum in which my various thoughts emerge, fight, and ultimately sink once more into obscurity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville/Murray, TN/KY, United States

I'm terrible at describing myself.

 
ARCHIVES
January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / February 2007 / March 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / October 2007 /


43 Things I want to do with my life.





Support your local college student:



Powered by Blogger


www.flickr.com
pyrotech2's photos More of pyrotech2's photos