Wednesday, June 29, 2005
  It's the type of thing that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy...
...no, not moldy dorm room pizza (though that does too).
Ken Swain posted this discription of my happy little hometown:
am not a big fan of country music so I did not think there was going to be much culture here I could enjoy. This was an area I was very wrong about. It seems this is the “New South.” There is art museums, science centers, and a lot of good rock, blues and country music. That is not even mentioning the sports! From NHL hockey, NFL football, Arena football, and even minor league baseball. There is just a lot to do. Nashville is one of those town that have a lot to offer. They have the facilities of the a big city and the charm of a medium sized town.


The full description is on his site, linked above. Once again, I discovered it through nashvilleistalking.com (NiT, but I'm not comfy enough for abbreviations yet).
I'm gonna miss Nashville come fall. Sure, Murray State's only 2 hours away, but it's really hard to fight the urge for a 12AM waffle house run or a 10PM Bobbie's shake. Not to mention having free symphony concerts, swing dances, art shows, and live music in just about every corner. Yeah, I'm gonna miss this town.

In more personal news, the on-going car search continues. I'm shooting for something around $2k with decent mileage that won't peel apart like a tin can if I wreck it. I went and poked around a '94 Taurus yesterday that was in good shape, only 47k miles on it, and today I'm calling on... wait. I left my numbers at home. I'm not calling on anything today. So tomorrow I'm calling on a couple of Saturns and some other vehicles.
I've got to start getting up earlier in the morning.
 
Welcome to the vacuum in which my various thoughts emerge, fight, and ultimately sink once more into obscurity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville/Murray, TN/KY, United States

I'm terrible at describing myself.

 
ARCHIVES
January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / February 2007 / March 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / October 2007 /


43 Things I want to do with my life.





Support your local college student:



Powered by Blogger


www.flickr.com
pyrotech2's photos More of pyrotech2's photos