Wednesday, April 20, 2005
  VICTORY!!!!
I AM RCA PRESIDENT!
All Campus Sing this afternoon was great. 17 groups with a varied degree of musical ability competed on the steps of Lovett Auditorium while a large chunk of the University spread out across the Quad. The weather was warm, the sky clear, and just enough wind blew to keep us all cool. Thanks to everyone who may or may not be reading this from the University. Ya'll did a great job performing and were a pretty good audience, too.
And THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH TO EVERYONE WHO VOTED!
For those of you who don't know, the Residential College Association (RCA) is a collection of representatives from every Residential College. The Residential College system is modelled after schools like Oxford, where classes are held in the residence halls, faculty and commuters still belong to their individual colleges, and each college has its own unique niche. At Murray State they're not so well defined, mainly because there's only 10,000 of us (as compared to the 30,000+ at most schools on this system) and our RC's are not divided according to major, class, or any other common grounds. Still, the Residence Halls are more than just dorms, and they have potential to be a lot more even than they are now. We are finally starting to have classes in them, a tradition I hope will grow as the campus grows.
Anyway, RCA works with Housing and the SGA to ensure that the Residential Colleges are living up to their full potential. It's had a tendancy to lean toward the Residence Hall / Dorm mentality, but I hope that I can stretch it past that.
I'm pretty ambitious about next year. I hope I can pull of just a few of the dozens of ideas that're floating around my head.
Wow.
I still don't believe I won.
Tiff took me to a celebration dinner at Cracker Barrel. That was tasty. She's been great to have by my side through this, and did more for my campaign than I did.
Blair, if for some reason you come across this blog, you ran a great race. You're still a member of NRHH and several other organizations on campus, so I'm sure I haven't seen the last of you. I hope we can work together this fall.
Everyone else at Murray State, thanks again. I hope I make next year a memorable one.
Wow.
 
Welcome to the vacuum in which my various thoughts emerge, fight, and ultimately sink once more into obscurity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville/Murray, TN/KY, United States

I'm terrible at describing myself.

 
ARCHIVES
January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / February 2007 / March 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / October 2007 /


43 Things I want to do with my life.





Support your local college student:



Powered by Blogger


www.flickr.com
pyrotech2's photos More of pyrotech2's photos