Thursday, March 24, 2005
  The Ebb and Flow of Chaos
Everyone's finally split up. Ian and Tristen are back in Kentucky, Los is camped out at the hospital with his grandmom, Tiffany's in White Bluff, and I'm here at Mom's. The afternoon was a quiet one in which I did much sleeping and little else. Tomorrow things pick up again, but for now my chaotic little house is at peace.
Yesterday's interview was terrifying, but in an exhilirating sort of way. I downplayed my abilities too much, I'm afraid. I don't like bragging on myself, which is exactly what interviews are made for. Mom's watching the Apprentice and I'm reminded that no matter how well I may function as a technical writer, I'll never be a shining part of thte corporate world. The hoops these people jump through and the game they make of it is just not me.
Academia, here I come.
I haven't written any in weeks. I had hoped to do that some this week when I thought I would have more privacy, but that was happily replaced by company. We've had fun, but I wonder sometimes if I spend so much time socializing that I'm leaving my talents in the dust. Friends are great, but skills make futures.
I'm turning this money-grubbing Trump show off now. Statements like that make me want to wash my brain out with soap.
I hadn't realized how much I miss church when I'm in Murray. Sure, we go to church, but it's not JA. Maybe I'm just a homebody, maybe I'm close minded. Tiff's got a couple of other opinions too, I'm sure. For whatever reason, though, the JA family is what brings me closer to God.
A fellow blogger and friend was talking about being at peace this spring break. I'm not sure I've found peace, but I've certainly found Nashville again. Trying to direct Tristen down our name-changing twists and turns across four interstates and all through town has been a blast.
I love this town.
 
Welcome to the vacuum in which my various thoughts emerge, fight, and ultimately sink once more into obscurity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville/Murray, TN/KY, United States

I'm terrible at describing myself.

 
ARCHIVES
January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / February 2007 / March 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / October 2007 /


43 Things I want to do with my life.





Support your local college student:



Powered by Blogger


www.flickr.com
pyrotech2's photos More of pyrotech2's photos