Monday, February 28, 2005
  Never a Dull Moment
For some reason the muse always strikes me while I'm working. Here, meet my newest star.
Byron Roth paced the fifteen-foot width of his office with precisely measured steps that marked off each sentance of his litany with an emphatic stomp. He was a short man with small brown eyes, sharp features, and wiry black hair that was showing more scalp than it had in years past. He was alone in his well-furnished office, accompanied only by volumes on the three-wall shelves and the birds outside the window behind his desk. His march took him back and forth along the length of his shelves, and he paused at every corner to glance at the window or the collective spines along the wall for guidance. He was a man of God, and the Word was God, so he spent much of his life in words seeking God. Once he found him, it was his duty to convey The Word through words to people who would mix it with thier own words and, in so doing, continue the spread of the gospels.
He was a preacher, and every step he took reminded him of that fact.

That's a tiny portion, but I'm going to have to cut myself off there for now. More may come later. I have a meeting coming up that I don't think would very understanding about my choice to skip because I'd rather be writing. My life's been meetings today. 3 in all. Lots of homework in between. I've been going since 7AM, and I'm about ready for a break. I'll get one this weekend. With no major assignments coming up next week and Tiff out of town for a seminar, this weekend's going to provide an ideal time to rest up and catch up with everything I haven't gotten done. I'm probably also going to be dropping southern fiction. I've been killing myself to stay on top of things in that class and I don't think I can keep it up for the semester. It's just a general elective, of which I have plenty already. I enjoy it, but I can't afford 3 more hours of C or below on my GPA, and I suspect if I stick with it that's what I'll get. Without it I'll still have 14 hours, and plenty of time to focus on my remaining classes.
Tales of the Sea's been great lately. We just finished O'Brian's Master and Commander, which I enjoyed so much I think I'm going to continue reading the series. Now we're moving back into Conrad. I can't enjoy everything we read.
German's a solid B right now, it could swing up to an A pretty easily. I'm enjoying it, but I'm probably building bad study habits. it's just a review of what we've done before, and so I don't study constantly like I used to.
I got my internship at Vanderbilt and am looking forward to that. I think I'm going to be doing user testing, but I'm a little too scatter-brained to remember. I haven't looked at it since Friday, and Friday seems like years ago. Moving Tiffany into her new house this weekend took it out of me. Her new home is great, but getting all her stuff there was murder. Ian and Tristin came home with us to help, which made it exciting. It was a relief to retreat to the quiet of my room on sunday and finally get back to work again.
I love my library comittee. Fundraising is finally kicking up for it, and it's going to be exciting. I just wish I could be as excited about RCC tonight. Last semester seems to have really confused Clark College, and this semester's group is all so new. They're enthusiastic, but unorganized. It's not exactly a problem, but it's something we're all still dealing with and adjusting to. And with our RD leaving and many new RA's coming in, there's no telling what next year will be like.
Never a dull moment.
 
Welcome to the vacuum in which my various thoughts emerge, fight, and ultimately sink once more into obscurity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville/Murray, TN/KY, United States

I'm terrible at describing myself.

 
ARCHIVES
January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / February 2007 / March 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / October 2007 /


43 Things I want to do with my life.





Support your local college student:



Powered by Blogger


www.flickr.com
pyrotech2's photos More of pyrotech2's photos